Thursday, March 8, 2007

Om Namah Shivaya

"I honor the divinity that resides within me."

God help me, that's my mantra whenever the old IBS kicks in. It is I, Ron, the transcendental intern at the theatre. And beyond discussing my irritable bowel syndrome, I thought I'd casually toss out that there are some wonderful productions going on at the theatre besides the Main Stage.

Don't get me wrong: Main Stage=wonderful. But you know we got other things going on, too. Yup, we're just a happening place to be. So with that . . . .

On the 13th of March (a Tuesday for those not with the Julian calendar), we have not one but two great productions. We have at 7:00 p.m. "Dis-Lodged," a wonderful combination of satire, song and steamy sex scenes all wrapped up in a won ton of fun and directed by Pete Jacokes. And after that we have the LAST, final, all-star blowout show from the Level 5 peeps. That show is directed by PJ Jacokes. I've seen both shows so far and they're well worth the $5 fee. And hey, if that doesn't intrigue you just remember there are three bars in the theatre, too. I see this as a win-win situation.

Then the next night Main Stage begins their daily cycle with their new, critically acclaimed and laughter approved revue: Michigan Impossible.

Little factoid for those into little factoids, Second City tries very hard to adapt to the environment it's in. Hence why in the current Main Stage cast they have a heterosexual Republican. YES! I kid you NOT! I won't tell you which one of the fine five is the GOP Breeder, but rest assured they've shaken and stirred the political hot pot to ensure equal offense to all political spectrums regardless of their taste for shoes.

Until the next time, I'll be in my meditation chamber chanting away.